Join us Sundays at 9am & 11am Need Directions?
First of all, we know it can be a little intimidating to walk into a church for the first time – whether you’ve been to others or this is the first time anywhere. So to ease your mind and to help you know just what you’ll experience, we thought we’d give you a little overview of what you can expect if you come to check out a service.
1. Our Service: Wear whatever makes you comfortable – you’ll see some people in shorts and flip flops and some people in jeans and boots. We have a great kids program that is safe and secure.
2. Arrive and Get Parked: Plan to arrive 10 minutes early to find parking and make your way into the front entrance of the Selah Civic Center. There will be signage that will let you know where to park and enter.
3. Find a Place for Yourself and Your Kids: There will be greeters at the front door who will offer you a worship guide for the service and help direct you to refreshments and a Kids Check-In station.
4. Kids Check-IN: Kids are a priority! We have safe, fun and age-specific classes for kids (birth thru 5th grade). For the safety of your children, they will need to be checked in at one of our Kids Check-IN stations.
5. Coffee, Drinks, and Snacks: Make sure to grab yourself a snack, some great coffee (D&M Coffee) or other drink option. Everything goes better with food.
6. Enjoy the Service: The overall vibe of services is casual and encouraging. Ushers can help you find a seat. Each service begins with 3-4 songs that are led by a live worship band with lyrics on the big screen so you can sing with the team, if you want. After the music, there is a quick greet time that gives you a chance to say “hey” to a few people around you and a few announcements. Then the message will get going. We teach right out of the Bible and just let God's Word speak right into our lives. If you need a Bible we make them available as our gift to you. At the end, we take an offering, which is for those who call Harvest their church home. Finally, we sing 1-2 more songs related to the message and leave encouraged and energized.
7. Relax and Be Our Guest: During our services you’ll never be singled out as a visitor. You aren’t expected to participate in the offering. You can remain entirely anonymous, if you like. The only thing you’ll be invited to do is fill out a Connection Card so we can pray for you by name and answer any questions you might have.
Need more info? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org